Located at the Church of Type.
Church of Type is the latest endeavor by Kevin Bradley, one of America’s most prolific and instrumental letterpress printmakers. On our tour, Kevin will lead us through his expansive emporium of rare and archaic letterpress ephemera and give a short printmaking demonstration. He will also share his numerous projects and transitions in the industry as well as provide us with a background on the art of typography and how he has helped modernize it. “Although Kevin works in the tradition of authentic letterpress his aim as a designer and artist is and has been to create contemporary work using antiquated methods” (from their website). There will even be a special souvenir for each of you to take home!
Oh and be sure to cash in all that loose change you’ve been collecting in a mason jar, as many of the amazingly detailed, hand-made prints will be available for purchase.
From the beginning Kevin’s slogan has been “Art for the people, since 1987.”
Notes for this adventure:
- Your ticket includes a guided tour of the space, a printing demonstration, and a special custom keepsake!
- Be prepared to stand and walk for at least 60 minutes.
- Casual attire recommended, as there may be some exposure to ink and other potentially messy materials.
- Family friendly! Ages 12+
- Plenty of street parking.
- Bring your camera! @atlasobscura & #obscuraday
- A signed liability waiver will be required from all confirmed attendees.